Valley of Flowers trek is located in West Himalaya of Uttarakhand. The valley of Flowers is situated at an altitude of 3,858m. With the vast range of endemic flora, its picturesque beauty remains incomparable. The Valley consisting of some rare and endangered animal species. Blue sheep, Red fox, Snow leopard, Asiatic black deer, Brown bear and Musk deer are seen too. The best time to visit the valley is post monsoon from mid July to mid August; one witnesses the full bloomed valley.
A British Traveler Frank Smith discovered this trail by chance while his voyage in 1931, since then this trail became very famous among travelers, especially trekkers.
The valley of flower trek starts from Govind Ghat, to Ghangaria. Few kilometers ahead from Ghangaria one reaches the valley, which takes approx. Five to six hours.
Day 01: Haridwar - Govindghat via Joshimath.
Day 02: Trek from Govindghat - Ghangaria.
Day 03: Trek from Ghangaria - Valley Of Flowers -Ghangaria
Day 04: Trek from Ghangaria - Hemkund Sahib – Ghangaria
Day 05: Trek from Ghangaria - Govindghat. Drive - Joshimath.
Day 06: Joshimath - Haridwar.
• Transport from Haridwar to Haridwar.
• All necessary permits
• Accommodation (trekkers hut, Home stay, camps, Tents) with sleeping bag and sleeping mat
• Food while on trek (Veg.+Non Veg)
• Trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
• First Aid.
• Entry fees
• Food during the transit.
• Any kind of personal expenses.
• Personal equipments : axe, trekking pole, crampon,
• Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
1. Backpack (45-55 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame.
2. Knap pack (20L) optional
3. Trekking shoes – no sports shoes. (With Rubber Sole, high ankle)
4. 3 trek pants
5. 4 tees with collar
6. Full sleeves sweater (not too thick).
7. A full sleeves fleece jacket.
8. A full sleeve thick jacket or something similar.
9. 1 pair of thermal inners (optional)
10. Sports socks.
11. Woolen monkey cap
12. Wind cheater Or a light rain coat/poncho.
13. Woolen hand gloves + synthetic glove (water proof).
14. Sun glasses (polarized or UV protected)
16. Cold cream & sun screen lotion (SPF 40+).
17. Lip balm.
18. Carry 2 Water bottles (1 L each).
19. Personal toilet kit and toilet papers
20. Personal medicine kit
a. Coca 30 – 30 ml
b. Crocin – 6 tablets
c. Avomine – 4 tablets
d. Avil 25mg – 4 tablets
e. Combiflam – 4 tablets
f. Disprin – 6 tablets
g. Norflox TZ– 6 tablets
h. Crepe bandage – 3 to 5 meters
i.Band aid – 10 strips
j. Eno – 6 Satches
k. Cotton – 1 small roll
l. ORS – 5 packets
m. Betadine or any antiseptic cream
n. Volini Spray(small)
21. Small repair kit consisting of safety pins, needle, thread and string
22. LED Torch with 2 extra set of cells.
23. Camera, memory-cards, batteries etc (carry enough spare batteries. Electricity is not available on the slopes or at the base camp)
24. While packing, use plastic bags to compartmentalize things and carry few extra plastic bags.
25. Trekking pole/Stick is mandatory.
26. Carry lots of dry fruits, chocolates combinations as snacks. Chewing gums
27. Travel coffee mug n plate
28. Soap Strip
29. One Candle , lighter