Steeped in ancient mythology, The Satopanth Tal is located in Uttarakhand, amidst snow capped peaks at an altitude of 15, 100 feet, above sea level. It lies at a distance of about 25 Kms distance from the holy city of Badrinath, and can be reached after a arduous trekking , crossing Laxmiban and Chakratirth, covering the enthralling journey by walking on boulders, moraines, glaciers and knife edge ridges.
Hiden among the most impressive peaks of the garhwal region, this triangular lake is steeped in mythology. The “satyapanth” or the “path of truth” is believed to be the path taken by the Pandavas, on their journey to the heaven. Traces of the myth lingers all over the path,where local names still bears resemblance to the story. Finally the Satopanth tal is believed to be the place where the celestial vehicle received “yudhisthira”. The local legend also goes that, The three gods , namely, The brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh, visits the lake for a holy dip on ekadashi and each of them, occupy, one corner of the lake.
The lofty Chowkhamba(23,413 feet), looms over the perfectly triangular green waters of the ethereal lake, along with, The Neelkanth(21,638 feet), The Balakun(20,040 feet), Parvati and others. The trekk starts at Mana, the last Indian village and the trail takes us through the lush greenery of the Vasundhara valley. The first campsite of Chamotli Bugiyal, is decorated with myriads of tiny wildflowers which bloom during the summer and monsoons.The formidable birch forests of Laxmiban, the place where Draupadi supposedly breathed her last, and the vast greenery transforms into the formidable ridge walks as one reaches the glacial moraines of the Dhano Glacier. The land is a beautiful symphony of green patches and glacial ice. The campsite at Chakratirtha, the place where The great warrior Arjuna collapsed, is enriched with the magnificient view of the upper Satopanth Glacier, with the Swargarohini and Choukambha peaks, towering in the back. The final short yet tricky trail to Saptopanth Tal, meanders through a maze of boulders and moraine. The valley is engulfed with the sound of breaking glaciers. But all the tireness of the strenous trek is easily forgotten when the austere and peaceful green waters of the holy lake suddenly comes into view. The view from the tal is trainquil. With the mighty peaks looming all around the effect is surreal. The color changes in the snow, as the morning sun hits the Chowkhamba, is a sight one carries throughout his life.
Day 01: Haridwar to Joshimath (Drive)
Day 02: Joshimath to Badrinath Drive and Trek to Chamtoli
Day 03: Chamtoli to Pandudhara
Day 04: Pandudhara to Chakratirh
Day 05: Chakratirh to Satopanth tal and visit the Swargarohani View Point
Day 06: Satopanth to Laxmiban
Day 07: Laxmiban to Mana and Drive to Joshimath
Day 08: Joshimath to Haridwar
• Transport from Haridwar to Haridwar.
• All necessary permits
• Accommodation (trekkers hut, Home stay, camps, Tents) with sleeping bag and sleeping mat
• Food while on trek (Veg.+Non Veg)
• Trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
• First Aid.
• Entry fees
• Food during the transit.
• Any kind of personal expenses.
• Personal equipments : axe, trekking pole, crampon,
• Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
• Anything not specifically mentioned.
1. Backpack (45-55 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame.
2. Knap pack (20L) optional
3. Trekking shoes – no sports shoes. (With Rubber Sole, high ankle)
4. 3 trek pants
5. 4 tees with collar
6. Full sleeves sweater (not too thick).
7. A full sleeves fleece jacket.
8. A full sleeve thick jacket or something similar.
9. 1 pair of thermal inners (optional)
10. Sports socks.
11. Woolen monkey cap
12. Wind cheater Or a light rain coat/poncho.
13. Woolen hand gloves + synthetic glove (water proof).
14. Sun glasses (polarized or UV protected)
16. Cold cream & sun screen lotion (SPF 40+).
17. Lip balm.
18. Carry 2 Water bottles (1 L each).
19. Personal toilet kit and toilet papers
20. Personal medicine kit
a. Coca 30 – 30 ml
b. Crocin – 6 tablets
c. Avomine – 4 tablets
d. Avil 25mg – 4 tablets
e. Combiflam – 4 tablets
f. Disprin – 6 tablets
g. Norflox TZ– 6 tablets
h. Crepe bandage – 3 to 5 meters
i.Band aid – 10 strips
j. Eno – 6 Satches
k. Cotton – 1 small roll
l. ORS – 5 packets
m. Betadine or any antiseptic cream
n. Volini Spray(small)
21. Small repair kit consisting of safety pins, needle, thread and string
22. LED Torch with 2 extra set of cells.
23. Camera, memory-cards, batteries etc (carry enough spare batteries. Electricity is not available on the slopes or at the base camp)
24. While packing, use plastic bags to compartmentalize things and carry few extra plastic bags.
25. Trekking pole/Stick is mandatory.
26. Carry lots of dry fruits, chocolates combinations as snacks. Chewing gums
27. Travel coffee mug n plate
28. Soap Strip
29. One Candle , lighter
Satopanth Tal Trek
Duration: 8 Days
A/C Name : Wetrekkers
Current A/C No : 916020035442426
Branch Code : 2013
IFSC Code : UTIB0002013
Branch Address : 31/7 Ramcharan Seth Road,
Howrah - 711 104