One of the very lesser known destinations for trekking in India, the Sapt Kund trek route lies in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. Situated at the height of about 5000 metres, at the Base of Nanda Ghunti, The Sapt Kund also known as The Seven Lakes is one of the most adventurous routes for trekking in the Himalayas. Though a bit taxing in nature, the diverse flora and fauna and scenic landscapes of the route makes this trek a worthy choice for trekking in Uttarakhand.
The trek routes passes through some of the most breath taking alpine pastures and offers the views of beautiful Himalayan peaks. The highlight of the trek would be the “Simbe Bugiyal”, which welcomes the visitors with the most beautiful blanket of flowers if chosen the right season. This almost unexplored trail carries the legend of Lord Shiva, who is believed to have called this place his home making it a sacred place for the Hindus.
The trail of Saptkund, offers something that few other treks in Himalayas can. The sparsely known trail offers the peace and serenity as very few trekkers venture there as well as the adventurous feel of exploring an almost unknown territory.
Day 1 : Haridwar to Ghat
Day 2 : Ghat to Ramni/Ghuni
Day 3 : Ramni to Dhouldhari
Day 4 : Dhouldhari to Patharkuni
Day 5 : Patharkuni to Simbe
Day 6 : Simbe to Sapta Kund and back to Patharkuni
Day 7 : Patharkuni to Peri
Day 8 : Peri to Ghat
Day 9 : Ghat to Haridwar
• Transport from Haridwar to Haridwar.
• All necessary permits
• Accommodation (trekkers hut, Home stay, camps, Tents) with sleeping bag and sleeping mat
• Food while on trek (Veg.+Non Veg)
• Trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
• First Aid.
• Entry fees
• Food during the transit.
• Any kind of personal expenses.
• Personal equipments : axe, trekking pole, crampon,
• Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
• Anything not specifically mentioned.
1. Backpack (45-55 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame.
2. Knap pack (20L) optional
3. Trekking shoes – no sports shoes. (With Rubber Sole, high ankle)
4. 3 trek pants
5. 4 tees with collar
6. Full sleeves sweater (not too thick).
7. A full sleeves fleece jacket.
8. A full sleeve thick jacket or something similar.
9. 1 pair of thermal inners (optional)
10. Sports socks.
11. Woolen monkey cap
12. Wind cheater Or a light rain coat/poncho.
13. Woolen hand gloves + synthetic glove (water proof).
14. Sun glasses (polarized or UV protected)
16. Cold cream & sun screen lotion (SPF 40+).
17. Lip balm.
18. Carry 2 Water bottles (1 L each).
19. Personal toilet kit and toilet papers
20. Personal medicine kit
a. Coca 30 – 30 ml
b. Crocin – 6 tablets
c. Avomine – 4 tablets
d. Avil 25mg – 4 tablets
e. Combiflam – 4 tablets
f. Disprin – 6 tablets
g. Norflox TZ– 6 tablets
h. Crepe bandage – 3 to 5 meters
i.Band aid – 10 strips
j. Eno – 6 Satches
k. Cotton – 1 small roll
l. ORS – 5 packets
m. Betadine or any antiseptic cream
n. Volini Spray(small)
21. Small repair kit consisting of safety pins, needle, thread and string
22. LED Torch with 2 extra set of cells.
23. Camera, memory-cards, batteries etc (carry enough spare batteries. Electricity is not available on the slopes or at the base camp)
24. While packing, use plastic bags to compartmentalize things and carry few extra plastic bags.
25. Trekking pole/Stick is mandatory.
26. Carry lots of dry fruits, chocolates combinations as snacks. Chewing gums
27. Travel coffee mug n plate
28. Soap Strip
29. One Candle , lighter