SANDAKPHU is the highest peak of the Singalila Ridge and the entire state of West Bengal; no doubt you shall witness the most visually stimulating views from here.
Trekking in Sandakphu Starts off from an altitude of 1,524 meters (5,000 ft) and Sandakphu epitomizes the wild elemental grandeur of the snows. Nature here is at her pristine best, and the vista at the top is worth all the hardship endured on the way. The view from Sandakphu is unsurpassed by any view anywhere. Where we can see 180 degrees of snow-capped mountains which includes Mt.Everest,Lotse,Kanchenjunga,Kumbhakarna,Three Sister and many named unnamed peaks from Nepal to Tibet.
Day 1: New Jalpaiguri/Bagdogra to Dhotre
Day 2: Dhotre to Tumling
Day 3 : Tumling to Kalipokhri
Day 4 : Kalipokhri to Sandakphu
Day 5 : Sandakphu to Phalut
Day 6: Phalut to Molley
Day 7: Molley to Shrikhola
Day 8: Shrikhola to New Jalpaiguri/Bagdogra
• Transport from NJP to NJP
• All necessary permits
• Accommodation (trekkers hut, Home stay, camps, Tents)
• Food while on trek (Veg.+ Egg+ Chicken Meal)
• Trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
• First Aid.
• Entry fees
• Food during the transit.
• Any kind of personal expenses.
• Personal equipments : sleeping bag, sleeping mat, axe, trekking pole, crampon,
• Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
• Anything not specifically mentioned.
1. Backpack (45-55 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame.
2. Knap pack (20L) optional
3. Trekking shoes – no sports shoes. (With Rubber Sole, high ankle)
4. 3 trek pants
5. 4 tees with collar
6. Full sleeves sweater (not too thick).
7. A full sleeves fleece jacket.
8. A full sleeve thick jacket or something similar.
9. 1 pair of thermal inners (optional)
10. Sports socks.
11. Woolen monkey cap
12. Wind cheater Or a light rain coat/poncho.
13. Woolen hand gloves + synthetic glove (water proof).
14. Sun glasses (polarized or UV protected)
16. Cold cream & sun screen lotion (SPF 40+).
17. Lip balm.
18. Carry 2 Water bottles (1 L each).
19. Personal toilet kit and toilet papers
20. Personal medicine kit
a. Coca 30 – 30 ml
b. Crocin – 6 tablets
c. Avomine – 4 tablets
d. Avil 25mg – 4 tablets
e. Combiflam – 4 tablets
f. Disprin – 6 tablets
g. Norflox TZ– 6 tablets
h. Crepe bandage – 3 to 5 meters
i.Band aid – 10 strips
j. Eno – 6 Satches
k. Cotton – 1 small roll
l. ORS – 5 packets
m. Betadine or any antiseptic cream
n. Volini Spray(small)
21. Small repair kit consisting of safety pins, needle, thread and string
22. LED Torch with 2 extra set of cells.
23. Camera, memory-cards, batteries etc (carry enough spare batteries. Electricity is not available on the slopes or at the base camp)
24. While packing, use plastic bags to compartmentalize things and carry few extra plastic bags.
25. Trekking pole/Stick is mandatory.
26. Carry lots of dry fruits, chocolates combinations as snacks. Chewing gums
27. Travel coffee mug n plate
28. Soap Strip
29. One Candle , lighter
Duration: 8 Days
Region: Singalila National Park
A/C Name : Wetrekkers
Current A/C No : 916020035442426
Branch Code : 2013
IFSC Code : UTIB0002013
Branch Address : 31/7 Ramcharan Seth Road,
Howrah - 711 104
8 DaysView Details