One of the most easily accessible glaciers, Pindari spread over 1.5 kms wide and 3.2 kms long. Pindari Trek offers you a bold and spectacular view of the Nanda Devi, Nanda Kot peaks. This trail commits you with an amazing view including beautiful waterfalls and river crossings enroute Dhakuri to Dwali, the deep dark forests amazes you again to Phurkiya and hold you senses to witness the astonishing view of Nanda Khat. The appearence of Pindari and Kafni covered in huge ice formations will leave you encase in the scenic beauty of the Himalayas. As Pindari and Kafni treks are considered as easy trek so many school teams and ammautre trekkers come ahead to mark their foot prints. This trek trail promises your imanigations to reality, with its breathtaking picturesque, snow-clad peaks, spouting streams, cascading waterfalls, sacred rivers, flora and fauna.
The village life of this places is extraordinarily simple and their reception is always remarkable. You cannot avoid the amusing and skin erecting ghost stories told by the locals sitting infront of the camp fire, enjoyable for those who don't believe in ghosts and mind frightening for those who believe.
Day 1: Kathgodam to Bageshwar.(Cab)
Day 2: Bageshwar to Kharkiya and Trek to Khati Village.
Day 3: Khati to Dwali (11 km approx, 5 – 6 hrs)
Day 4: Dwali to Phurkiya ( 7 km, 4 – 5 hours) Acclimatization Day.
Day 5: Phurkiya to Pindari-0 Point and back to Phurkiya(14 km approx – 6 – 7 hours)
Day 6: Phurkiya to Khati (18 km approx, 5 – 6 hrs)
Day 7: Khati to Kharkiya, (16 KM trek, 6 – 7 hours), Jeep drive from Kharkiya to Bageshwar.
Day 8: Bageshwar to Kathgodam.(Cab)
• Transport from Kathgodam to Kathgodam.
• All necessary permits
• Accommodation (trekkers hut, Home stay, camps, Tents) with sleeping bag and sleeping mat
• Food while on trek (Veg.+Non Veg)
• Trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
• First Aid.
• Entry fees
• Food during the transit.
• Any kind of personal expenses.
• Personal equipments : axe, trekking pole, crampon,
• Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
• Anything not specifically mentioned.
1. Backpack (45-55 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame.
2. Knap pack (20L) optional
3. Trekking shoes – no sports shoes. (With Rubber Sole, high ankle)
4. 3 trek pants
5. 4 tees with collar
6. Full sleeves sweater (not too thick).
7. A full sleeves fleece jacket.
8. A full sleeve thick jacket or something similar.
9. 1 pair of thermal inners (optional)
10. Sports socks.
11. Woolen monkey cap
12. Wind cheater Or a light rain coat/poncho.
13. Woolen hand gloves + synthetic glove (water proof).
14. Sun glasses (polarized or UV protected)
16. Cold cream & sun screen lotion (SPF 40+).
17. Lip balm.
18. Carry 2 Water bottles (1 L each).
19. Personal toilet kit and toilet papers
20. Personal medicine kit
a. Coca 30 – 30 ml
b. Crocin – 6 tablets
c. Avomine – 4 tablets
d. Avil 25mg – 4 tablets
e. Combiflam – 4 tablets
f. Disprin – 6 tablets
g. Norflox TZ– 6 tablets
h. Crepe bandage – 3 to 5 meters
i.Band aid – 10 strips
j. Eno – 6 Satches
k. Cotton – 1 small roll
l. ORS – 5 packets
m. Betadine or any antiseptic cream
n. Volini Spray(small)
21. Small repair kit consisting of safety pins, needle, thread and string
22. LED Torch with 2 extra set of cells.
23. Camera, memory-cards, batteries etc (carry enough spare batteries. Electricity is not available on the slopes or at the base camp)
24. While packing, use plastic bags to compartmentalize things and carry few extra plastic bags.
25. Trekking pole/Stick is mandatory.
26. Carry lots of dry fruits, chocolates combinations as snacks. Chewing gums
27. Travel coffee mug n plate
28. Soap Strip
29. One Candle , lighter