Kuari Pass Trek - A short 5 day trek into the Nanda Devi Santuary The Kuari Pass trek which gives you spectacular views of the Nanda Devi sactuary and a host of 7000m snow-capped peaks that extend into Tibet.
"We breasted the slope and halted, silent on the path. No words would express our delight. The Himalayas were arrayed before us in a stupendous arc" - Frank Smythe (The Mountaineer)
Kuari which means "doorway" is a Himalayan high mountain pass situated in the Garhwal region of northern India, south of the Tibetan border and on the western rim of the "Nanda Devi Sanctuary" Biosphere Reserve and falls in the Chamoli district. The Kuari Pass Trek found fame in the early 1900's when intrepid adventurers and mountaineers such as Lord Curzon, Eric Shipton and Bill Tilman used the passage in their pioneering explorations of the region.The Kuari Pass trek is known as The Curzon Trail (named after the former British Viceroy Of India "Lord Curzon").
Winter Kuari pass trek is famous for its views. The views on the winter Kuari Pass trek are often cited as the best in the Indian Himalayas. It is not hard to discover why. To the north of the Kuari Pass is the Chaukhamba Range, while the summits of Mana (7272m), Kamet (7756m) and Abl Gamin (7355m) extend to the Tibet border.In the middle foreground, a number of spectacular peaks including Dunagiri (7066m) and Changabang (6864m) enclose the Nanda Devi Sanctuary while to the west the snowcapped ranges extend to Gangotri.
Day 1: Haridwar to Joshimath
Day 2: Joshimath to Gorson Bugiyal
Day 3: Gorson Bugiyal to Tali top
Day 4: Tali to Kuari Pass then back to Khulara Bugiyal
Day 5: Khulara Bugiyal to Joshimath
Day 6: Joshimath to Haridwar
• Transport from Haridwar to Haridwar.
• All necessary permits
• Accommodation (trekkers hut, Home stay, camps, Tents) with sleeping bag and sleeping mat
• Food while on trek (Veg.+Non Veg)
• Trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
• First Aid.
• Entry fees
• Food during the transit.
• Any kind of personal expenses.
• Personal equipments : axe, trekking pole, crampon,
• Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
• Anything not specifically mentioned.
1. Backpack (45-55 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame.
2. Knap pack (20L) optional
3. Trekking shoes – no sports shoes. (With Rubber Sole, high ankle)
4. 3 trek pants
5. 4 tees with collar
6. Full sleeves sweater (not too thick).
7. A full sleeves fleece jacket.
8. A full sleeve thick jacket or something similar.
9. 1 pair of thermal inners (optional)
10. Sports socks.
11. Woolen monkey cap
12. Wind cheater Or a light rain coat/poncho.
13. Woolen hand gloves + synthetic glove (water proof).
14. Sun glasses (polarized or UV protected)
16. Cold cream & sun screen lotion (SPF 40+).
17. Lip balm.
18. Carry 2 Water bottles (1 L each).
19. Personal toilet kit and toilet papers
20. Personal medicine kit
a. Coca 30 – 30 ml
b. Crocin – 6 tablets
c. Avomine – 4 tablets
d. Avil 25mg – 4 tablets
e. Combiflam – 4 tablets
f. Disprin – 6 tablets
g. Norflox TZ– 6 tablets
h. Crepe bandage – 3 to 5 meters
i.Band aid – 10 strips
j. Eno – 6 Satches
k. Cotton – 1 small roll
l. ORS – 5 packets
m. Betadine or any antiseptic cream
n. Volini Spray(small)
21. Small repair kit consisting of safety pins, needle, thread and string
22. LED Torch with 2 extra set of cells.
23. Camera, memory-cards, batteries etc (carry enough spare batteries. Electricity is not available on the slopes or at the base camp)
24. While packing, use plastic bags to compartmentalize things and carry few extra plastic bags.
25. Trekking pole/Stick is mandatory.
26. Carry lots of dry fruits, chocolates combinations as snacks. Chewing gums
27. Travel coffee mug n plate
28. Soap Strip
29. One Candle , lighter
Duration: 6 Days
A/C Name : Wetrekkers
Current A/C No : 916020035442426
Branch Code : 2013
IFSC Code : UTIB0002013
Branch Address : 31/7 Ramcharan Seth Road,
Howrah - 711 104