Chandrataal is a jewel of lake, its beautifullly extention makes one feel like spending ages here. As there always been a strange inclination of trekkers to trek in desolated places, the trail form chandratal to suraj Tal provides you with such landscapes. The lake of the Sun God, the Suraj Tal lies below the Bar-lacha-la (pass) which is 4,890m in the Lahaul and Spiti valley of Himachal Pradesh. The Origin of the Suraj Tal is the Bara lacha la. Its is also known among the best trekking trails of the Himalayan passes.
Just in a span of 5 days, you get to enjoy few of the best trekking trails that are all over the Himalayas of India. The trail takes you through the glacial water bodies. This trek begins with a drive which passes through the flourishing valleys to the barren landscapes and allows you to spend some time at the distinguished and the famous Rohtang Pass.
Rainfall precipitation is rare in the region. The lake is situated in the Upper Himalayan Zone part of the Himalayas which has very sparse population with climatic conditions comparable to polar conditions. Snowfall in this zone is scant however one can account snow round the year. One can always enjoy bright sunshine wandering within lush green valley.
Day 1: Manali to Chandratal
Day 2: Chandratal to Tokpo Gongma
Day 3: Tokpo Gongma to Tokpo Yongma
Day 4: Tokpo Yongma to Suraj Tal/Bara La Cha
Day 5: Bara La Cha to Bharatpur
Day 6: Bharatpur to Manali
• Transport from Manali to Manali.
• All necessary permits
• Accommodation (trekkers hut, Home stay, camps, Tents) with sleeping bag and sleeping mat
• Food while on trek (Veg.+Non Vegl)
• Trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
• First Aid.
• Entry fees
• Food during the transit.
• Any kind of personal expenses.
• Personal equipments : axe, trekking pole, crampon,
• Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
1. Backpack (45-55 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame.
2. Knap pack (20L) optional
3. Trekking shoes – no sports shoes. (With Rubber Sole, high ankle)
4. 3 trek pants
5. 4 tees with collar
6. Full sleeves sweater (not too thick).
7. A full sleeves fleece jacket.
8. A full sleeve thick jacket or something similar.
9. 1 pair of thermal inners (optional)
10. Sports socks.
11. Woolen monkey cap
12. Wind cheater Or a light rain coat/poncho.
13. Woolen hand gloves + synthetic glove (water proof).
14. Sun glasses (polarized or UV protected)
16. Cold cream & sun screen lotion (SPF 40+).
17. Lip balm.
18. Carry 2 Water bottles (1 L each).
19. Personal toilet kit and toilet papers
20. Personal medicine kit
a. Coca 30 – 30 ml
b. Crocin – 6 tablets
c. Avomine – 4 tablets
d. Avil 25mg – 4 tablets
e. Combiflam – 4 tablets
f. Disprin – 6 tablets
g. Norflox TZ– 6 tablets
h. Crepe bandage – 3 to 5 meters
i.Band aid – 10 strips
j. Eno – 6 Satches
k. Cotton – 1 small roll
l. ORS – 5 packets
m. Betadine or any antiseptic cream
n. Volini Spray(small)
21. Small repair kit consisting of safety pins, needle, thread and string
22. LED Torch with 2 extra set of cells.
23. Camera, memory-cards, batteries etc (carry enough spare batteries. Electricity is not available on the slopes or at the base camp)
24. While packing, use plastic bags to compartmentalize things and carry few extra plastic bags.
25. Trekking pole/Stick is mandatory.
26. Carry lots of dry fruits, chocolates combinations as snacks. Chewing gums
27. Travel coffee mug n plate
28. Soap Strip
29. One Candle , lighter