Situated in Garhwal Uttarakhand, Brahmatal is one of the most exciting round the year trekking destinations in India. As this trail is comparatively low altitude one, during winter, it challanges the trekkers with the perfect amount of snow, to make it alluring. With the added appeal of seeing the lake at its frozen serenity. During the spring , the trail blooms up with the lustrous rhododendrons and as the weather is clear, the captivating view of the himalayas is laid in front of your eyes.
Brahmatal, derives its name from the popular belief , that it was the meditating ground for Lord Brahma himself. The main attraction of the trek is the crackling summit views, which is quite rare at this lower altitude of 3,846 m. The trek starts from Lohajung. According to legends, this is the place were Goddess Durga had fought with the infamous Lohasur, hence the name. The trail boasts of rich flora and fauna. Forests of fir, cedar, oak and conifers. Scarlet rhododendron covers the lower part of the trail. But as one climbs further, the pink rhododendrons take over. This region is also home to the charming but rare himalayan bird, Monal. There are several other lakes along the trail. Namely, Bekaltal, Khopdaliya and Bigun. All through the trail, magnificent Himalayan peaks accompany the trekkers. From the east to west, one can see the high Himalayan peaks, Trishul, Mrigthuni, Bethartuli and Nandghungti. The other side is occupied by the mighty Chowkhamba, Nilkanth, Kamet, Hathi and Ghora peaks. This trail incidentally is just opposite to the famous Roopkund trail and offers a bird’s eye view of the entire trail including Ali and Bedni bugiyal, Roopkund and Junargali.
Day 1 : From Kathgodam to Lohajung
Day 2 : From Lohajung to Bekhaltal
Day 3 : Bekhaltal to Brahmatal
Day 4 : Brahmatal to Wan via Brahmatal Peak
Day 5 : Wan Village to Kathgodam
• Transport from Kathgodam to Kathgodam.
• All necessary permits
• Accommodation (trekkers hut, Home stay, camps, Tents) with sleeping bag and sleeping mat
• Food while on trek (Veg.+Non Veg)
• Trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
• First Aid.
• Entry fees
• Food during the transit.
• Any kind of personal expenses.
• Personal equipments : axe, trekking pole, crampon,
• Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
• Anything not specifically mentioned.
1. Backpack (45-55 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame.
2. Knap pack (20L) optional
3. Trekking shoes – no sports shoes. (With Rubber Sole, high ankle)
4. 3 trek pants
5. 4 tees with collar
6. Full sleeves sweater (not too thick).
7. A full sleeves fleece jacket.
8. A full sleeve thick jacket or something similar.
9. 1 pair of thermal inners (optional)
10. Sports socks.
11. Woolen monkey cap
12. Wind cheater Or a light rain coat/poncho.
13. Woolen hand gloves + synthetic glove (water proof).
14. Sun glasses (polarized or UV protected)
16. Cold cream & sun screen lotion (SPF 40+).
17. Lip balm.
18. Carry 2 Water bottles (1 L each).
19. Personal toilet kit and toilet papers
20. Personal medicine kit
a. Coca 30 – 30 ml
b. Crocin – 6 tablets
c. Avomine – 4 tablets
d. Avil 25mg – 4 tablets
e. Combiflam – 4 tablets
f. Disprin – 6 tablets
g. Norflox TZ– 6 tablets
h. Crepe bandage – 3 to 5 meters
i.Band aid – 10 strips
j. Eno – 6 Satches
k. Cotton – 1 small roll
l. ORS – 5 packets
m. Betadine or any antiseptic cream
n. Volini Spray(small)
21. Small repair kit consisting of safety pins, needle, thread and string
22. LED Torch with 2 extra set of cells.
23. Camera, memory-cards, batteries etc (carry enough spare batteries. Electricity is not available on the slopes or at the base camp)
24. While packing, use plastic bags to compartmentalize things and carry few extra plastic bags.
25. Trekking pole/Stick is mandatory.
26. Carry lots of dry fruits, chocolates combinations as snacks. Chewing gums
27. Travel coffee mug n plate
28. Soap Strip
29. One Candle , lighter
Coming Soon !
Duration: 5 Days
Season: Round the Year expect Monson
A/C Name : Wetrekkers
Current A/C No : 916020035442426
Branch Code : 2013
IFSC Code : UTIB0002013
Branch Address : 31/7 Ramcharan Seth Road,
Howrah - 711 104