Towards the very east of Rohtang Pass lies the Bhrigu lake at an elevation of around 4,300 meters, in Kullu District of Himachal Pradesh. The lake is believed to be named after Maharishi Bhrigu. It is also said that this sage used to mediate near this lake and so it is considered sacred, the locals believe that this the lake never freezes completely.
Bhrigu is one of the most photographic high altitude lake in the Kullu valley. It appearance is unusually beautiful and surprises you with its astonnishing view. It is a very easy trek. The trail goes though virgin forests, and lush green meadow, Gulaba Bugiyal.
One can sight of snow clad peaks and ranges of Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal. This trek offers you some of the picture perfect campsite. You can enjoy hot springs surrounded by some waterfalls, very welcoming villagers and homestays, you might enjoy their traditional food on request, beautifully sculpted wooden temples.
The trail which heads you to Bhrigu might make you little tiring for its elevations however the view you definitely satisfy your heart.
Day 1: Manali to Zonkar
Day 2: Zonkar to Rala Kholi
Day 3: Rala Kholi to Bhrigu Lake
Day 4: Bhrigu Lake to Pandu Ropa
Day 5: Pandu Ropa to Manali
• Transport from Manali to Manali
• All necessary permits
• Accommodation (trekkers hut, Home stay, camps, Tents) with Sleeping bag, Sleeping mat
• Food while on trek (Veg and Non Veg)
• Trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
• First Aid.
• Entry fees
• Food during the transit.
• Any kind of personal expenses.
• Personal equipments Axe, trekking pole, crampon,
• Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
• Anything not specifically mentioned.
1. Backpack (45-55 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame.
2. Knap pack (20L) optional
3. Trekking shoes – no sports shoes. (With Rubber Sole, high ankle)
4. 3 trek pants
5. 4 tees with collar
6. Full sleeves sweater (not too thick).
7. A full sleeves fleece jacket.
8. A full sleeve thick jacket or something similar.
9. 1 pair of thermal inners (optional)
10. Sports socks.
11. Woolen monkey cap
12. Wind cheater Or a light rain coat/poncho.
13. Woolen hand gloves + synthetic glove (water proof).
14. Sun glasses (polarized or UV protected)
16. Cold cream & sun screen lotion (SPF 40+).
17. Lip balm.
18. Carry 2 Water bottles (1 L each).
19. Personal toilet kit and toilet papers
20. Personal medicine kit
a. Coca 30 – 30 ml
b. Crocin – 6 tablets
c. Avomine – 4 tablets
d. Avil 25mg – 4 tablets
e. Combiflam – 4 tablets
f. Disprin – 6 tablets
g. Norflox TZ– 6 tablets
h. Crepe bandage – 3 to 5 meters
i.Band aid – 10 strips
j. Eno – 6 Satches
k. Cotton – 1 small roll
l. ORS – 5 packets
m. Betadine or any antiseptic cream
n. Volini Spray(small)
21. Small repair kit consisting of safety pins, needle, thread and string
22. LED Torch with 2 extra set of cells.
23. Camera, memory-cards, batteries etc (carry enough spare batteries. Electricity is not available on the slopes or at the base camp)
24. While packing, use plastic bags to compartmentalize things and carry few extra plastic bags.
25. Trekking pole/Stick is mandatory.
26. Carry lots of dry fruits, chocolates combinations as snacks. Chewing gums
27. Travel coffee mug n plate
28. Soap Strip
29. One Candle , lighter