Pin parvati pass trek is one of the most glamorous trans Himalayan trek. This pass discovered in 1884, acts as the alternative route between the parvati valley in the Kullu region to the Pin valley in the Spiti side. Rated as challenging, this trek is only for seasoned trekkers, who has had a prior high altitude trekking experience. Reaching an altitude of 17,380 feet, this trek is quite strenuous demanding a lot of mental and physical stamina. In spite of the difficulty, the Pin Parvati trek is quite revered to, as it rewards the trekkers with an experience which they cherish for a life time.
The trek route is lush green meadows, stately forests and narrow valleys. The trekkers get to experience thick alpine forests, carpets of wild flowers, roaring rivers, lush greenery and wide glacier crests enroute. The first day at trek end at Kheerganga, famous for the all healing hot water spring. From here onwards, the trace of civilisation disappears, apart from the few Shepard huts. The second campsite at tundabhoj welcomes the trekkers with a view of heaven. With cascading waterfalls with scenic mountains in backdrop, it’s scenery to behold. At Thakurkuan, one enters the “kanwar wild life sanctuary”, home to the now endangered, Himalayan thar. Covered with dense deodar and fir, the sanctuary is also home to many birds such as Cheer Pheasant, Tragopan and White Cheeked tit and other animals like, flying squirrel, brown bear, snow leopards etc. We reach our base camp after crossing Mantalai lake, which also the source of Parvati river. After crossing the Pin Parvati pass at 17,380 feet, we cross into the rugged yet beautiful Pin valley from the lush greenery of the Parvati valley. The change is brutal and almost poetic. The trail from here is typically Spitian, barren , with patches of grass. The trail gradually descends along the left bank of the Pin river and ends at Mud, the largest village in the Pin Valley. After a drive to kaza and a subsequent night stay, the trip ends at Manali the next day.
The major peaks seen along the trail are, Kullu Eiger, Parvati South, Kangla Tarbo, Kullu Makalu & West Horn. The 110 km of roller coaster ride is exciting but comes with its own set of challenges. But within the challenges, lies an experience which marks one for life time.
Day 1 : Manikaran to Kheerganga
Day 2 : Kheerganga to Tundanhuj
Day 3 : Tundabhuj to Thakurkuan
Day 4 : Thakurkuan to Pandupul
Day 5 : Pandupul to Mantalai
Day 6 : Mantalai to Base Camp
Day 7 : Base camp to Pinparvati Pass and Down to Bakartach
Day 8 : Bakartach to Tiya
Day 9 : Tiya to Kaza via Mood Village
Day 10 : Kaza to Manali
Day 11 : Acclimization day or Rest day depend upon the group health condition/bad weather
• Transport from Kullu to Manali
• All necessary permits
• Accommodation (trekkers hut, Home stay, camps, Tents) with sleeping bag and sleeping mat
• Food while on trek (Veg.+Non Veg)
• Trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
• First Aid.
• Entry fees
• Food during the transit.
• Any kind of personal expenses.
• Personal equipments : Axe, Trekking pole, crampon,
• Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
• Anything not specifically mentioned.
1. Backpack (45-55 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame.
2. Knap pack (20L) optional
3. Trekking shoes – no sports shoes. (With Rubber Sole, high ankle)
4. 3 trek pants
5. 4 tees with collar
6. Full sleeves sweater (not too thick).
7. A full sleeves fleece jacket.
8. A full sleeve thick jacket or something similar.
9. 1 pair of thermal inners (optional)
10. Sports socks.
11. Woolen monkey cap
12. Wind cheater Or a light rain coat/poncho.
13. Woolen hand gloves + synthetic glove (water proof).
14. Sun glasses (polarized or UV protected)
16. Cold cream & sun screen lotion (SPF 40+).
17. Lip balm.
18. Carry 2 Water bottles (1 L each).
19. Personal toilet kit and toilet papers
20. Personal medicine kit
a. Coca 30 – 30 ml
b. Crocin – 6 tablets
c. Avomine – 4 tablets
d. Avil 25mg – 4 tablets
e. Combiflam – 4 tablets
f. Disprin – 6 tablets
g. Norflox TZ– 6 tablets
h. Crepe bandage – 3 to 5 meters
i.Band aid – 10 strips
j. Eno – 6 Satches
k. Cotton – 1 small roll
l. ORS – 5 packets
m. Betadine or any antiseptic cream
n. Volini Spray(small)
21. Small repair kit consisting of safety pins, needle, thread and string
22. LED Torch with 2 extra set of cells.
23. Camera, memory-cards, batteries etc (carry enough spare batteries. Electricity is not available on the slopes or at the base camp)
24. While packing, use plastic bags to compartmentalize things and carry few extra plastic bags.
25. Trekking pole/Stick is mandatory.
26. Carry lots of dry fruits, chocolates combinations as snacks. Chewing gums
27. Travel coffee mug n plate
28. Soap Strip
29. One Candle , lighter