Looming at a lofty height of 5,289 m, the Friendship peak is one of the most famous and sought after peak of the Pir Panjal range. An ideal proving ground for a novice mountaineer; it is the only open peak in the Himachal region. Apart from offering majestic panoramic views of the Pir Panjal and the Dhauladhar range, Friendship Peak is also the vantage point for the captivating views of the Shitidhar, Hanuman Tibba, Indrasan, Deo Tibba and Seven Sisters peaks. Though graded as non technical, the climb requires a good amount of physical fitness, and a prior high altitude climbing experience would be helpful.
The trek starts at the Solang valley, from the village of Dhundi. A uphill climb through lush green valley and thick forests leads to the first camp site at Bakarthach. After a acclimatization period at Bakarthach, the trek resumes for the !st base camp. This region is marked by moraines and boulder zones,moving through green patches, crossing rivers and ends with a gorgeous top view of the Beas Kund. This region is also full of glacial ice. The subsequent trek to the summit camp involves moving through thick snow regions and ascending and descending on snowy slopes. The panoramic view of Friendship Peak, Shitidhar Peak, Ladakhi Peak, Rocky Challenger 1 & 2, Hanuman Tibba, and Seven Sisters is the highlight of this stretch. The summit attempt is done from this camp, at the earliest of morning as weather becomes randomly unpredictable as the sun climbs further up in the sky.
The climb is as exciting as it sounds and more. It is a must add to the profile of every budding mountaineer. June, July, September and October are the best times to attempt the summit.
Day 1 : Manali to Dhundi (Drive) then trek to Bakarthach
Day 2 : Bakarthach to Ladyleg
Day 3 : Ladyleg to Basecamp
Day 4 : Rest and Aclimization at Base Camp
Day 5 : Climb to Mt Friendship at Mid Night and Reach within 10 AM Return to Base Camp
Day 6 : Base to Bakarthach
Day 7 : Bakarthach to Dhundi Trek then Drive back to Manali
Day 8 : Additional Day If Required.
• Transport from Manali to Manali.
• All necessary permits
• Accommodation (trekkers hut, Home stay, camps, Tents) with sleeping bag and sleeping mat
• Food while on trek (Veg.+Non Veg)
• Trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
• First Aid
• Climbing Gear ( Rope,Jumar,Carabiner,Rock Pitton,Ice Pitton,Crampons Etc)
• Entry fees
• Food during the transit.
• Any kind of personal expenses.
• Personal equipments : Axe, Trekking pole.
• Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
• Anything not specifically mentioned.
1. Backpack (45-55 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame.
2. Knap pack (20L) optional
3. Trekking shoes – no sports shoes. (With Rubber Sole, high ankle)
4. 3 trek pants
5. 4 tees with collar
6. Full sleeves sweater (not too thick).
7. A full sleeves fleece jacket.
8. A full sleeve thick jacket or something similar.
9. 1 pair of thermal inners (optional)
10. Sports socks.
11. Woolen monkey cap
12. Wind cheater Or a light rain coat/poncho.
13. Woolen hand gloves + synthetic glove (water proof).
14. Sun glasses (polarized or UV protected)
16. Cold cream & sun screen lotion (SPF 40+).
17. Lip balm.
18. Carry 2 Water bottles (1 L each).
19. Personal toilet kit and toilet papers
20. Personal medicine kit
a. Coca 30 – 30 ml
b. Crocin – 6 tablets
c. Avomine – 4 tablets
d. Avil 25mg – 4 tablets
e. Combiflam – 4 tablets
f. Disprin – 6 tablets
g. Norflox TZ– 6 tablets
h. Crepe bandage – 3 to 5 meters
i.Band aid – 10 strips
j. Eno – 6 Satches
k. Cotton – 1 small roll
l. ORS – 5 packets
m. Betadine or any antiseptic cream
n. Volini Spray(small)
21. Small repair kit consisting of safety pins, needle, thread and string
22. LED Torch with 2 extra set of cells.
23. Camera, memory-cards, batteries etc (carry enough spare batteries. Electricity is not available on the slopes or at the base camp)
24. While packing, use plastic bags to compartmentalize things and carry few extra plastic bags.
25. Trekking pole/Stick is mandatory.
26. Carry lots of dry fruits, chocolates combinations as snacks. Chewing gums
27. Travel coffee mug n plate
28. Soap Strip
29. One Candle , lighter
Coming Soon !
Duration: 8 Days
Grade: Moderate to Difficult
Region: Pir Panjal Range
A/C Name : Wetrekkers
Current A/C No : 916020035442426
Branch Code : 2013
IFSC Code : UTIB0002013
Branch Address : 31/7 Ramcharan Seth Road,
Howrah - 711 104