The North Eastern Valleys of Uttarakhand are laden with copies’ amount of passes. The valleys are created by the mountain ranges of Dhauladhar to the North West; Swargarohini peaks to the east, Kala nag and bander punch peaks to the south and west. Of all the passes, Borasu pass is the one which is most difficult to conquer. The 17,880 feet high pass is the borders between Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh, and lies close by to the Tibet border. It connects the tons valley in the east to the Baspa Valley in the North West and was an ancient trade route between the Har Ki Dun and the Kinnaur valley.
The Borasu pass is open only for a limited amount of time each year. A few months before the monsoons and a few months post it, before the onset of the winters. The trail offers a muffled but imperial beauty. The region is a symphony between lush green meadows and sparkling white snow fields. The trail takes one through the opulent greenery of the Har Ki Dun valley and exposes the trekkers to a rich local culture from the nearby villages of Sankri , Saud, Taluka , Osla etc. From Har ki Dun, the trail begins to toughen up. After crossing the river Mata Ki Gad, from Har Ki Dun, the trail continues through a steep climb northwards along the river to the marinda Tal. The route becomes quite challenging after that, consisting of a glacial moraine laden with lots of boulder and screed zone. After crossing the pass at 17,880 pass, which offers with magnificent panoramic views, of the surrounding valleys and the peaks of the Har Ki Dun and Kinnaur valley. After descending the camp is set on the massive Zupica glacier. After that it is a downward slope along a rocky trail and down to the Baspa Valley and finally to the Daoria camp grounds. From here on, the trek to Chitkul, the last Indian village before Tibet is quite eased out.
The Borasu Pass trek is one of a kind. This challenging trek takes one through various landscapes and requires the use of equipments like crampon and ice axe as well as drift down vertical ice walls, experience difficult campsites and splash through fuming rivers. The massive Zupica glacier and the calm blue waters of the Marinda Tal, are both scenes to cherish and remember. The pass offers spectacular views of the Bandarpoonch, Kala Nag, Swargarohini and Har ki Dun peak. Though not as famous as Pin Parvati Pass as a destination, Borasu pass offers a challenge, enough to satisfy any hardcore trekker.
Day 1 : Dehradun to Taluka
Day 2 : Taluka to Osla
Day 3 : Osla to Har Ki Dun
Day 4 : Har Ki Dun to Morinda Tal
Day 5 : Acclimization day
Day 6 : Morinda Tal to Cross the Borasu Pass and Glacier Camp
Day 7 : Glacier Camp to Daoria Camp Ground
DAy 8 : Daoria to Chitkul
Day 9 : Chitkul to Shimla
• Transport from Dehradun to Shimla
• All necessary permits
• Accommodation (trekkers hut, Home stay, camps, Tents)
• Food while on trek (Veg.+ Egg+ Chicken Meal)
• Trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
• First Aid.
• Entry fees
• Food during the transit.
• Any kind of personal expenses.
• Personal equipments : sleeping bag, sleeping mat, axe, trekking pole, crampon,
• Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
• Anything not specifically mentioned.
1. Backpack (45-55 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame.
2. Knap pack (20L) optional
3. Trekking shoes – no sports shoes. (With Rubber Sole, high ankle)
4. 3 trek pants
5. 4 tees with collar
6. Full sleeves sweater (not too thick).
7. A full sleeves fleece jacket.
8. A full sleeve thick jacket or something similar.
9. 1 pair of thermal inners (optional)
10. Sports socks.
11. Woolen monkey cap
12. Wind cheater Or a light rain coat/poncho.
13. Woolen hand gloves + synthetic glove (water proof).
14. Sun glasses (polarized or UV protected)
16. Cold cream & sun screen lotion (SPF 40+).
17. Lip balm.
18. Carry 2 Water bottles (1 L each).
19. Personal toilet kit and toilet papers
20. Personal medicine kit
a. Coca 30 – 30 ml
b. Crocin – 6 tablets
c. Avomine – 4 tablets
d. Avil 25mg – 4 tablets
e. Combiflam – 4 tablets
f. Disprin – 6 tablets
g. Norflox TZ– 6 tablets
h. Crepe bandage – 3 to 5 meters
i.Band aid – 10 strips
j. Eno – 6 Satches
k. Cotton – 1 small roll
l. ORS – 5 packets
m. Betadine or any antiseptic cream
n. Volini Spray(small)
21. Small repair kit consisting of safety pins, needle, thread and string
22. LED Torch with 2 extra set of cells.
23. Camera, memory-cards, batteries etc (carry enough spare batteries. Electricity is not available on the slopes or at the base camp)
24. While packing, use plastic bags to compartmentalize things and carry few extra plastic bags.
25. Trekking pole/Stick is mandatory.
26. Carry lots of dry fruits, chocolates combinations as snacks. Chewing gums
27. Travel coffee mug n plate
28. Soap Strip
29. One Candle , lighter
Coming Soon !
Duration: 9 Days
A/C Name : Wetrekkers
Current A/C No : 916020035442426
Branch Code : 2013
IFSC Code : UTIB0002013
Branch Address : 31/7 Ramcharan Seth Road,
Howrah - 711 104